Outdoor Group Exercise Classes are now permitted (from 29th March 2021)
Group exercise and group training classes led by a qualified instructor are treated as an organised outdoor sport and can take place outdoors in line with the Return to Play guidance issued by EMD (UK). This includes risk assessments, PAR-Qs, Covid-19 symptom checks, social distancing and hygiene measures.
While there is no legal limit on numbers for organised outdoor sport, EMD (UK) and most insurers recommend a limit of 30 people including the instructor/s for group exercise.
Updates on pad work for group exercise:
Pad work is now permitted for outdoor exercise only but with the following restrictions.
This training is permitted only as part of organised sport and provided that the Return to Boxing Framework (March 2021) guidance, as well as England Boxing Rules, Regulations and Guidelines and EMD UK Roadmap are adhered to, then those adults (over 18 on or before 31st August 2020) shall be permitted to train at phase 1 of the guidance, which includes pad work. Sparring is not permitted at this stage.
- When not specifically doing pad work, social distancing must be maintained. Permitted numbers must also be followed when a session is not in progress.
- During pad work, the pad holder must wear face covering or visor and disposable gloves.
- Pad holder to keep target at arm’s length as much as possible and away from face at all times to minimise exertion droplet transmission.
- Instructors/coaches cannot move between participants to hold pads, as this is multiple contact.
- Participants in a class must only do pad work with one other person within the group and must not swap to work with an instructor or another participant.
- When pads are used by one participant, the pads should be cleaned with disinfectant before being used by another participant.
- Where practical the pad work should be the last activity of the session.
- Max numbers are the same currently for all group ex classes of 30 including instructors.
This guidance has been updated in our EMD UK Group Ex Roadmap for Instructors.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROCEDURES FOR FITNESS AT THE FARM CLASSES & PERSONAL TRAINING SESSIONS:
All class bookings MUST be done via the website booking system. Booking closes 1 hour before the start of each class. If you have not booked your place online you will not be able to attend the class.
All class attendees must keep 2 metres socially distanced at all times from other attendees.
Do not attend a class or PT session if you or anyone in your household shows any flu like symptoms or have a temperature of 38 degrees or higher.
Do not attend a class or PT session if you have been in contact with anyone known to have the virus or who is showing flu like symptoms or has a temperature of 38+ degrees.
Wash and anti-bac your hands before attending all classes and PT sessions. Anti-bacterial hand wash, water and sanitiser is available for use throughout class.
Bring your own clean gloves to each Circuits Class and wear throughout. For safety reasons, gloves will not be provided for you.
FOR YOGA: Please bring your own mat to each session if you have one. Mats, blankets, straps and blocks will be available to borrow.
Use the tissues provided if you need to cough or sneeze and dispose of them in the bin provided.
Avoid person-person contact while on the premises and remain at least 2 metres from the instructor at all times.
There is one toilet available for use on the premises. Only one person may enter at any one time. Hand wash and antibacterial hand sanitiser must be used after each use. Antibacterial spray is available in the toilet for cleaning between uses.
As the Tipi is too small to safely accommodate a class during severe weather, classes may end up being cancelled with short notice in the event of poor weather. In these situations you will be entitled to rebook your class at no extra charge.
As the proprietor I will ensure to uphold hygiene regulations including:
Wiping down communal equipment after every session.
Personally following the points stated above.
Cancelling our session if I find myself demonstrating symptoms or come in to contact with anyone demonstrating symptoms.